So it’s one of my favorite days today; I mean, I am grateful to call this beautiful planet a home and it also means free milkshake day at Evos. Appreciating the planet and drinking a free organic shake- now that’s pretty awesome. I thought I’d share a few of my most favorite quotes about our lovely earth and then a couple pictures I took and played around with, using filters and stickers- earth day themed of course.
- Ogden Nash
“I think that I shall never see / a billboard lovely as a tree. / Perhaps, unless the billboards fall, / I’ll never see a tree at all.”
- Carl Sagan “Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero…………. every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician………….in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.”
- Wendell Berry ” We do not understand the earth in terms either of what it offers us or of what it requires of us, and I think it is the rule that people inevitably destroy what they do not understand.”
- Pablo Neruda “Our love was born
outside the walls,
in the wind,
in the night,
in the earth,
and that’s why the clay and the flower,
the mud and the roots
know your name.”
- Bill Vaughan “Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them.”
- Stephen Hawking “I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth.”
here are a few nature themed pics featuring my lovely bike and frontyard flowers.
(try and plant flowers that attract bees- more and more bee species are being killed off and it is becoming a serious issue- bees are vital to our environment, such as being responsible for the pollination of flowers.)
Because I mentioned the bee issue, here is a documentary that I thought was a very interesting and eye opening look on the reasons behind why bees are disappearing. It is called ‘More Than Honey’ and it’s currently on netflix.
alright that’s it for now.Go hug some trees and have an awesome earth day!