Hi amazing readers! The month of November flew by so fast, I realize I didn’t post my monthly favorites. So here they are for the month of November!
- The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)– This book is absolutely incredible and I’m glad I finally had a chance to read it. The plot is riveting, emotional and thought provoking; Kingsolver weaved an intricate and richly colored story with her beautiful writing. Thoroughly researched and just overall a work of talent.
- Everything’s Eventual: 14 Dark Tales (Stephen King)– A wonderful collection of early short stories by the insanely talented Stephen King. Each one is unique and disturbing in their own way. Got through them in 2 days.
- There Will Be Time (Mumford and Sons ft. Baaba Maal)– I love this song for its melody with piano, lyrics and Baaba Maal’s voice. Such a unique and beautiful song, that gives me hope when I listen to it.
2. Somebody Else (The 1975)– I just really love the sound of this song and the lyrics (when you can finally understand what they’re saying) are of so many emotions mixed together.
3. Someone That Loves You (HONNE)– I randomly heard this song on spotify and really liked it. I’ve never heard of the artists but they have an interesting sound. This is a different version of the song; I listened to the original one by them after spotify but I like this “night version” better.
- Arrival– What an incredible movie. I was blown away by everything in this film from the cinematography to the acting to the script. The message of the film was beautiful and powerful, relating a lot to current societies. There is also an amazing twist, so don’t read up too much on this film before going in.
- Mr. Robot– I just started this show and really enjoy it so far. Very interesting concept and the filmography is very well done, almost movie like. Intriguing, twisted and relevant. Worth checking out!